Friday 18 August 2017

LuLu



Lulu has changed
 She is no longer the girl I knew
Grown into a beautiful woman
 Still she flirting with me
I won’t deny that
 She flirting with every young and old
Resident of the city
That makes her filth right?
Why can’t she be loyal to just one?
She has became foreign to me
Her hostility is showing too
Picking up foreign traits
My Lulu
Mama still says you’re the pride of her
Though you’re now like an outcast
Among your sisters and brother
Sometimes they envy you
And I know then that
They too will end up like you
But my wish for them
Is never to forget Mama’s teaching
Wishing they grow up not with
Some of your traits
Who did you took after
Mother, Father? Foreign men you have been
Involved with
Lulu I love your flashlights lights
Fast life
But it’s sad that these are the same things
That are, turning your children to dust and
Your beauty to ashes
What ill you have left
When everything has turned to dust
Cause’ nothing last forever
Lulu lulu!
Can you her me calling
You’re moving too fast
Swinging your bokosi as you walk
Making you the envy
Among your peers
Your daughters too are the envy
Of the land Africa
My Lusaka, Zambia as you develop
Please remember them African ways
Zambian way of living

No comments:

Post a Comment